American Express Government Travel Card Program
A CSU faculty or staff member is eligible to apply for a corporate card, which is considered a personal liability card, if he or she meets all of the following criteria:
- Their position at the university requires business travel at least once per year
- The card has been authorized by their supervisor and the units business manager and/or chair
- The individual has completed an application and agreed to the American Express Cardholder Agreement.
- Corporate cards may only be used for business expenses that directly serve the University. CSU faculty or staff may not use corporate cards for personal expenses.
- Emeritus or retired employees are not eligible for the card, and employees who leave the University must return their card to Contract & Procurement Services.
To apply for a card, complete the online application. American Express may refuse to issue a card or limit the amount of credit available based on their evaluation of the applicant’s credit worthiness.
American Express will contact the applicant directly in any case. Cards are mailed directly to the applicant at the billing address specified on his or her application.
As a personal liability card, bills will be sent directly to the cardholder. The Cardholder will be responsible for remitting payment directly to American Express by the due date.
When returning from a business trip you must complete a Travel Expense Claim Form (Form 262) and use this reimbursement to pay your bill.
If a cardholder has inactivity on their card for one year, American Express may cancel their card.
More detailed information about planning your state travel can be found on the Fiscal Services webpage under travel.
If you have any questions regarding the American Express Travel Card, contact the program administrator, Jeanette Paolucci x2234.