If you access your Cal Poly mail & calendar from your mobile device, you may become locked out of your account after changing your password. This guide will help prevent or fix this problem. If you have any difficulty with these instructions, or have any questions, please call 6-ANTS and we will be happy to help you. For more information on passwords and accounts, please see our Password Guide.
Choose your situation below:
- I don't have a new Cal Poly password yet, see: Before You Change Your Password
- I've already changed my Cal Poly password, see: Update Your Cal Poly Password On Your iPhone/iPad
Before You Change Your Password
If you have already been locked out of your account see Update Your Cal Poly Password On Your iPhone/iPad below. If you are in the process of changing your password, place the device in airplane mode with the following steps:
- Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Touch the airplane icon in the upper left to turn on Airplane Mode. Please note, while airplane mode is on, your device will not send or receive data or calls.
- Continue on to step 4 of How to Change Your Cal Poly Password in the Password Guide. You will be directed back to this page to update the password on your device, and take it out of airplane mode.
Update Your Cal Poly Password On Your iPhone/iPad
- Open Settings
- Scroll down, and open Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Open your Cal Poly account from under Accounts. It may be named "Cal Poly" as in the Step 3 image, or it may have another name. You may need to open the account to ensure that it contains your Cal Poly email address (see the next step).
- Under Exchange, you should see your @calpoly.edu email to the right of Account. Tap on Account to open it. If you do not see your Cal Poly email with the @calpoly.edu, go back to the previous step and choose a different account from the list.
- If you had turned on Airplane Mode previously, turn it off now by swiping up from the bottom to open the Control Center and touching on the airplane icon in the upper left so it is no longer highlighted. This will re-enable your data connection so your password can be verified in the next step.
- Enter your new password in the Password field then press Done. Your password has now been updated in the device.