ANTS is always here to help. Below is a list of the basic services which we provide for the Administration & Finance Division.
Technical Support and General Consultation
- Provides direct technology support for AFD employees
- Maintain current levels of supported hardware and software (Computer Refresh).
- Maintain current versions of desktop software Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Access.
- Provide technology support for printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices.
- Provide technology support for Smartphones and PDA services.
- Provide technical equipment and setup for meetings; laptops, projectors and phones using ANTS Meeting Technology Services
- Single Point of Contact for new and separating employees. ANTS gets accounts and trains new staff on technology.
- Technical Training: Question and ANTSers sessions on emerging projects, department requested specific training sessions and some standard applications.
- Evaluate software and hardware for AFD technical needs.
- On demand support. One-call support center answered by ANTS staff at 805-756-ANTS.
Installation of Software & Hardware
- Install required and requested software on all AFD workstations
- Install and configure all PCs, monitors, printers and peripherals.
- Consult on hardware and software technical solutions.
E-Mail & Calendaring Support
- Full support, troubleshooting and training on Outlook and supported smartphone platforms.
Web Content Support
- Web training, maintenance and support.
- Full support for ADA compliance and testing.
- Assistance with computer viruses, malware, and vulnerabilities, and how to prevent them
- Assure IT data security through consistent patching, server and workstation configuration and firewall protection.
- Provide support and reporting for annual IT self-assessment.
- Provide consulting and assistance for PCI compliance.
- Provide Business Continuity coordination for campus.
- Provide and maintain the AFD local area network for sharing files and printers;
- Provide access to the campus network (email, calendar, PeopleSoft, other campus services) and the Internet.
Specialized Application Support
- Network and database support services for application software
- Campus fire and intrusion alarms
- Facility management (FAMIS)
- Campus Parking, Document Imaging, Campus Property, EOC, Campus Training
- Various other UPD, Facilities, Distribution Services, Risk Management, Administrative and Finance specialized software applications
Business Process Improvement
- Lead coordinated Business Process Improvement efforts for AFD
- Coordinate Kaizen and process mapping events.
- Apply technology solutions where applicable.