Fees and Payment Schedules
Spring Quarter 2017 Class Cancellation is March 24 after 4pm!
For students who do not have financial aid
Full payment must be made by March 24, 2017 at 4pm. Your classes will be dropped if fees are not paid by Friday, March 24.
For students who anticipate financial aid
Tuition and Fees are deferred until March 27, 2017 and any remainder fees are due on March 28, 2017.
Monitor your Poly Portal (Money Matters tab) for up-to-date information regarding the details of your specific account.
Current Fee Payment Amounts, Instructions, and Due Dates
- 2016/2017 Fee Payment Schedule - Fee amounts, due dates, financial aid deferral information, and fee policy.
- Summer 2016 Fee Payment Schedule
- Prior Academic Years
- Miscellaneous Course Fees - A detailed listing of mandatory fees by course.
- Fee Refund Policy
Making a Payment
- Hours and Location
- Online Payments (make payments online)
- The Online Payment System CASHNet for Student Accounts may be unavailable through the portal, Oracle PeopleSoft, or Cal Poly website on Saturday, August 20th. During this time payments can be made directly through https://commerce.cashnet.com/cashneta/selfserve/ebilllogin.aspx?client=CPSLO_PROD&
Payment Guides and Financial Aid Deferral Information
- How & When to Pay - Information guide.
- New Student Information -Guide for new students providing an overview of the charge and payment activity you should expect on your 'student account'.
- Using Financial Aid to Pay Housing & Dining 2016/2017 - Information on financial aid deferral for housing and freshman dining plans including accepted aid amounts necessary to defer.
Fee Waivers & Veteran Benefits
- Fee Waiver Programs - Faculty, Staff and Dependents
- Other Fee Waiver Programs & Sponsored Students - Cal Vet Dependents, Allan Patee, Third Party Payments, State Pre-paid Tuition Savings Plans
- Veteran Educational Benefits -Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606, 1607 (see link above for fee waivers)
Additional Fee Information
- Parking Permits - Parking Permit information including fees and where to purchase.
- Estimated Cost Calculator - Financial planning tool.
- Student Involvement and Representation Fee (SIRF)
- Commencement Fee
- Fee Descriptions - A brief description of each mandatory fee and its use.
The Student Accounts Office is a section of the Fiscal Services Department within the Administration and Finance Division. We are responsible for the accounting and administration of students' financial activities in accordance with Federal, State and CSU policy. Please visit the Student Accounts webpage for new student information, user guides and office contacts.
Important Notice Regarding Fee Amounts
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory systemwide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028–66028.6 of the Education Code).
The Board of Trustees is considering a tuition increase at their March 21-22, 2017 board meeting. Details about the proposal can be found here: www.calstate.edu/tuition-increase.