Cal Poly, an equal employment opportunity employer,
is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce.
The University actively encourages applications of all qualified individuals.
Search for Jobs: www.calpolyjobs.org
Information for Prospective
Information about Employment After Retirement
Information for Hiring Departments
ONLINE EMPLOYMENT SYSTEM
On April 18, 2003, Cal Poly implemented CALPOLYJOBS.ORG, a new online employment system to replace the labor intensive, paper-based system for staff/management positions. All participants involved in the recruitment process, including job seekers, interview committees, employment equity facilitators, department chairs/heads and deans, and administrative support staff will be able to perform their functions from any computer with a browser (such as Explorer or Netscape; or Foxfire for Mac users) and internet access.
Advantages to JOB SEEKERS:
- View advertised positions online 24 hours per day/7 days per week (24/7)
- Apply for any open position 24/7 at CALPOLYJOBS.ORG from any computer with a browser and internet access
- Monitor status of your application through individually assigned password protected user account
- Receive immediate confirmation of electronically submitted application
- Complete basic application information one time and update/edit, as needed, when applying for other positions.
Advantages to DEPARTMENTS/INTERVIEW COMMITTEES:
- Compose and post job vacancies online
- Pre-determine documents that applicants can attach to the online application, such as:
- Cover letter
Letters of recommendation
- Compose job specific pre-screening questions (open ended or scored and ranked) into the online application process
- Paperless review and status coding of applications using the system’s electronic features
- Committee members may view applicant pool 24/7 from any personal computer with a browser and internet access
- Instantaneous data retrieval: applicant lists, applicant status information, and recruitment reports generated as needed directly from the system
- Electronic retention and tracking of applicant records and statistics
Although the online employment system replaces the paper staff/management application process, Human Resources is committed to ensuring that all employees and off-campus applicants have equal access to the employment process. Therefore, a number of cost-free options are available to assist individuals who may have limited computer/internet access or need assistance with the application process.
Upon submission, all application materials become
the exclusive property of Cal Poly and will not be copied or returned