Cal Poly Skillsoft eLearning Courses
Skillsoft is a web-based, e-learning portal that allows you to access a range of training resources at work, at home, and on the road. You can use Skillsoft to:
- Access a variety of instructional and assessment learning assets
- Create and follow training plans created by you and your manager
- View and report on your progress and test scores
Skillsoft offers thousands of engaging online eLearning courses, books and videos for professional development, including several certificate series on a multitude of topics. The system conveniently tracks your progress and completion.
- Business Library - "Soft skills" – effective listening, communication, writing, supervisory.
- Desktop Library - Applications and productivity software – Adobe, Microsoft Office, Project, Windows.
- Information Technology - Database, networking, operating systems, security, software development, Web.
CSU Compliance and Safety Training
Skillsoft is utilized to deliver compliance and safety training. Required training varies by role and may include Conflicts of Interest, Defensive Driving, FERPA, safety training, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Title IX. To access the training you have been assigned, log into Skillsoft and select View My Plan. For additional information, please see Compliance Training for CSU Employees.
For Assistance with Skillsoft
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I log in to Skillsoft?
Please visit the "Staff and Faculty Training" tab in the portal
Are notices from email@example.com legitimate?
Email notices and reminders for compliance or assigned training will come from "TrainingNotifications@calstate.edu" and are legitimate.
Why do I have to take this training?
- Email notices should have the following information in the paragraph under the Course Notification title.
- The goal of the training.
- The reason you were assigned the training.
- A contact name.
- A contact email/extension.
- Also see Campus Training Contacts.
Can I turn the audio off?
Yes. You can turn the audio off at any time by clicking the turn off audio button located in the bottom navigation bar. You can turn it back on by clicking the same button.
How do I search for information on a certain topic?
Use Skillsoft Search located at the top of the Skillsoft page.
How do I bookmark my place?
- Using the Exit button to close the Skillsoft course player "bookmarks" your place in the course.
- Click on View Learning Plan to view all of the learning resources you have selected to view/complete.
Where can I find my training history?
a record of all courses I have completed
- Click on the Quick Links link.
- Then select Learner Transcripts.
Where is the Books 24/7 link?
Books are integrated in with the courses and videos resources.
Can I download a book or a course?
- Books - While it is not possible to download an entire book, it is possible to download an individual chapter for offline reading (e.g., when reading a chapter in the Books 24x7 Viewer mode, click on the download icon). There is a download limit of 15 chapters per 3 months.
- Courses are only available online (live network connection is required). The course download feature is not available (e.g., save a course for offline viewing).