This page is intended to communicate release information for the payments issuing as a result of general salary increases.
Please be advised that certain types of pay (retroactive, disability, settlements) require manual calculation and coordination between Cal Poly Payroll Services and the State Controller's Office . These manual requests are worked in the order received by the State Controller's Office payroll unit. These payments will be processed and released as soon as possible.
|UNIT||EFFECTIVE DATE OF SALARY INCREASE||ISSUE DATE BY STATE CONTROLLER'S OFFICE||RELEASED FOR DEPARTMENT PICK-UP||RETROACTIVE ONLY:
|PHYSICIANS (R01)||7/1/2017||Included in July pay period||Master Payday, 8/1/2017||No|
|CSUEU (R02, R05, R07, R09)||7/1/2017||3/9/2018||3/15/2018||Yes|
|FACULTY (R03)||7/1/2017||Included in July pay period||Master Payday, 8/1/2017||No|
|ACADEMIC SUPPORT (R04)||7/1/2017||3/9/2018||3/15/2018||Yes|
|SKILLS CRAFTS (R06)||7/1/2017||Included in July pay period||Master Payday, 8/1/2017||No|
|PUBLIC SAFETY (R08)||7/1/2017||Included in July pay period||Master Payday, 8/1/2017||No|
|ACADEMIC STUDENTS (R11)||7/1/2017||Included in July pay period||Master Payday, 8/1/2017 (TA/GA) Hourly Payday 8/15/2017 (ISA)||No|
|MPP AND CONFIDENTIAL (M80, C99)||7/1/2017||Included in August pay period. July retro issued in separate check.||Master Payday, 8/31/17||No|
Special Payday: Department pick-up instructions
- Who can pick up?
- Checks and direct deposit advices must be picked up and distributed by the department authorized payroll warrant custodian (same as Master Payday); PLEASE BRING PHOTO ID
- Where can they be picked up?
- Checks and direct deposit advices can be picked up at the University Cashiers Office on the date listed as Special Payday in the above timeline grid
- When can they be picked up?
- The University Cashiers Office is open between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Checks will be distributed only between the hours of 3:00pm and 4:30pm on Special Payday.
- What if the employee's check doesn't issue in time for the Special Payday?
- Payments that issue after the Special Payday due to manual processing by Cal Poly will be available to pick up by the employee at the University Cashiers Office; PLEASE BRING PHOTO ID
- Payroll related questions, please contact us at 805-756-2605
- Eligibility questions for R03 or R11 should be directed to Academic Personnel, 805-756-2844
- Eligibility questions for all other employees should be directed to Human Resources, 805-756-2236
- Paycheck distribution questions should be directed to the University Cashiers Office at 805-756-2256