University Police

Parking Permits

Parents, as a reminder, parking permits are required while moving your students out of the dorms.

Permits are required during the week of move-in and move-out, just as they are the rest of the year, Monday through Thursday 7am - 10pm; Friday 7am - 5pm. You may purchase a parking permit at the visitor center on Grand Avenue or at any of the parking dispensers around campus. If you have a DMV disabled placard you may go to the visitor center or the Police Department and get a complimentary Cal Poly disabled permit to display with your DMV placard.

If you have any questions regarding parking while moving in or out of the dormitories please call University Police Department at (805) 756-6654.

The concept of "pay for parking" on campuses of The California State University is at the direction of the State Legislature and is based on the theory that parking facilities must be paid for by the user. The money collected for parking permits reimburses the state for costs of constructing and operating parking facilities. Enforcement of parking regulations has been made the direct responsibility of the University. For more details, see Section 1 of Rules and Regulations.

Types of Permits:

  • Visitor
  • Disabled Visitor
  • Sponsored Guest
  • Staff and Faculty
  • Off Duty Staff and Faculty
  • Contractor/Vendor
  • Event
  • Conference
  • General/Commuter Student
  • Resident Student
  • Executive
  • Emeritus
  • Motorcycle
  • Van Pool
  • Temporary Medical
  • Carpool

More Information: