Content is Maintained by Administrative Compliance Services

Phone: (805) 756-5447

Public Records Request

A campus department that receives a written request for public records shall immediately provide a copy of the request to the campus Public Records Act (PRA) officer. The department which receives a request for public records shall be responsible for responding to and complying with the request, unless the requested documents are housed in a different department. In that case, the written request should immediately be forwarded to that department for handling and the PRA Officer notified of the transfer.

The campus PRA officer is responsible for assuring that appropriate campus entities, including campus Legal Counsel, are notified of the request and for maintaining an inventory of all such requests. Campus Legal Counsel shall notify the Chancellor's Office General Counsel of each request and is available to respond to questions and provide advice to campus administrators regarding requests.

The Director of Administrative Compliance Services serves as the campus PRA officer.

Reference CAP 382 for more information.