Employee and Organization Development provides training and development resources for Cal Poly's employees. We develop programs and strategies, facilitate initiatives and ideas, and direct employees toward the wealth of resources available on and off our campus.
There are a variety of learning opportunities available to support university managers and staff through instructor-led sessions, workshops and online resources. The resources offered on this site assist employees at all levels in developing the skills and competencies needed to be successful in their current roles, to prepare them for new responsibilities in future roles, and to enrich their personal lives.
Toolkits and Resources
Library eLearning Resources
- ACM Digital Library »
- Covers the fields of computing and information technology including journals, conference proceedings, magazines, newsletters, and multimedia titles.
- Ebrary »
- This collection of more than 115,000 ebooks includes content from university presses and other scholarly publishers.
- Google Scholar »
- From one place search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
- Kanopy »
- A streaming video service that features more than 12,000 films on a wide range of topics and includes films from major producers including PBS, BBC, Criterion Collection and many more.
- Safari Tech Books Online »
- Access over 9,000 professional books on topics including UX design, leadership, project management, teams, agile development, analytics, and core programming.
- SkillPort »
- SkillPort offers thousands of engaging online eLearning courses, books and videos for professional development, including several certificate series on a multitude of topics. The system conveniently tracks your progress and completion.
- Lynda »
- Learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
- CSU Central Station U »
- Systemwide Professional Development presents a series of online webcasts featuring training this is innovative and essential for your professional and personal environments.