Address & Name Change

Staff & Faculty

Employee Self Service

Human Resources and Payroll Services are pleased to offer Employee Self Service which is available to all Cal Poly Faculty and Staff.

The information you are able to view/change:

  • Names (Preferred Name. In order to legally change your name please go to Human Resources with the proper identification)
  • Home and Mailing Addresses
  • Phone Numbers
  • Emergency Contacts

Go to My Cal Poly Portal, enter your Cal Poly portal username and password. Click on the Personal Info tab. On the "Personal Information Portlet", click on the green links for the information you would like to view/change.

If you cannot log in to the My Cal Poly portal, please contact the CMS Call Center at 805-756-7000, option 3


Student Name Change

To change your legal name, please come to the Payroll office. You will need to bring a photo ID and an original social security card reflecting your new name.

Student Address Changes

Student Address Change Form

Your year-end W-2 form will be mailed to your home address listed with the Academic Records office at the time of your original hire unless you request Payroll Services to send it to a different address. If the address on file for you with Academic Records is a dormitory address you must provide an alternate mailing address. Dormitory addresses are not accepted as valid mailing addresses for W-2 purposes. You must contact Payroll Services directly if your permanent mailing address changes to ensure you receive your W-2. If you change your address via the Cal Poly portal or with the Academic Records office this will NOT update your address with Payroll Services.

You may change your address of record with Payroll Services using the Student Address Change Form. This will NOT change the address of record with Academic Records, only with Payroll Services. You may also change your address in the Payroll Services office located in the Administration Building, Room 107.