CampusShip has been developed by United Parcel Service (UPS) as a streamlined, fast, efficient, and cost-effective way for campus employees to send their Next Day and Second Day Air packages. The benefits of this service include the ability to print your own shipping labels, track your own shipments, and print a receipt. CampusShip should be used for official document and non-valuable small parcel shipping only. All other items should be shipped through Distribution Services.
All users must register with the Cal Poly CampusShip Administrator, Scott Coffman, to use this new paperless web-based system. Once you are registered, you will be able to access the UPS CampusShip website.
The administrator will create a monthly feed to PeopleSoft of all user activity and generate a monthly charge back to the users' department.
Important CampusShip Links
Restrictions to CampusShip
The list below details items that should always be shipped through Distribution Services, never CampusShip:
- Shipments to P.O. Boxes
- UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes due to the fact they are controlled by USPS. Please ship these items through Distribution Services using USPS or find an alternate address.
- Personal Shipments
- CampusShip is not designed for your personal shipments. Canyon Post, located in Poly Canyon Village, is equipped with a shipping kiosk that can help you with all of your personal shipping needs. In addition, FedEx, UPS, and USPS allow you to pay for and print shipping labels off of their websites. These items, once paid for, can be dropped off at Canyon Post or Distribution Services for carrier pickup.
- Items of Value or Requiring Insurance
- Any item of value or requiring insurance should be shipped through Distribution Services where it can be properly packaed and a value can be applied to the shipment.
- Large, Heavy, or Misshaped Packages
- UPS applies extra fees for packages that are large, heavy, or misshaped. Shipping these items through Distribution Services ensures correct billing. In addition, campus-wide drop boxes are not designed to handle these types of packages.
- Alcohol shipments through CampusShip are strictly forbidden. Packages containing alcohol that are shipped using CampusShip will incur large fines and confiscation by UPS. For information regarding shipping of Cal Poly wines please contact Distribution Services.