A bomb threat, if received, must be taken seriously. If you find yourself receiving a bomb threat, follow the guide below.
Report all bomb threats immediately to 911
Most threats are made by telephone. If you receive a bomb threat telephone call:
- Remain calm.
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
- Write down the telephone number of the incoming call if it is displayed on the telephone.
- Use this form to document the call.
- Notify a supervisor or co-worker nearby via a note.
Questions to Ask:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- How do you know about the bomb?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Who are you?
- Where are you calling from?
Download the Bomb Check List form and complete as much as possible!