International Travel Insurance

The ACE USA Travel Assistance Program includes, but is not limited to, coverage for general liability, medical and emergency evacuation as well as repatriation under the risk of war. This travel insurance has been designed specifically for the CSU.

ACE USA Travel Assistance Program is required for all persons traveling on University business out of the Unites States. All international travel must go through Cal Poly International Center.

To apply for ACE USA Travel Assistance Program:

  • Contact Cal Poly International Center, 805-756-1477,, ninety (90) days in advance to receive and complete the International Travel Insurance Application.
  • Submit the International Travel Insurance Application with your packet of required travel documents to the International Center directly.
  • When your insurance coverage has been bound, you will receive an email from Risk Management confirming coverage and verifying the premium. You will also find an attachment with your "travel assist card" with information about what is covered and how to access the policy if needed. Feel free to contact Risk Management directly if you have questions about the insurance coverage.

For information or assistance with International Travel, contact Cal Poly International Center.