How to Request an Overpayment Refund
Note: Financial aid refunds occur twice a week automatically. Review the Financial Aid Refund Flowchart for more information.
Overpayments (credit balances other than financial aid funds) remain on the student account to be used to pay future charges unless the student submits a signed refund request form to the Student Accounts Office.
Download the Refund Request Form
Refund Process Timelines
- Refund disbursements are generated twice a week.
- Refund disbursements are either mailed to the address specified, or may be direct deposited into the student's personal bank account (applicable only if the student has already set up a direct deposit). Note: students are expected to use an address that is active on their portal. Student addresses can be updated from the Personal Info tab.
- Prorated registration fee refund resulting from dropping or withdrawing from a term: the average processing time is two weeks - which begins when add/drop closes. For more information regarding registration fee refunds please see the Registration Fee Refund policy. Note: Students withdrawing from the term after add/drop closes must do so through the Records Office.
Fee Refund Policy
If you decide not to attend a term or drop some units
- You must drop all your classes including waitlisted classes before the term begins to have your charges fully reversed.
- If you wait and drop all your classes after the term begins or withdraw after add/drop, your fee charges will be prorated, meaning you will be charged for every day of enrollment, whether you attended classes or not. See the Fee Refund Policy for complete details.
- Last day to drop some units for partial refund of non-resident tuition and difference between full time and part time fees is the last day of the term's add/drop period. This does not include the late appeal period. See the Fee Refund Policy for complete details.
- All financial aid, including loans, is contingent upon class attendance. If you drop to zero units or reduce units below required unit levels, your financial aid award may be modified and you may be required to return aid refunded to you.
|Drop All Units - Full Refund
|Drop Some Units - Partial Refund
Refund Request Instructions