Content is Maintained by Administrative Compliance Services

Phone: 805-756-5447

Alcohol Service Requests

To ensure that events held on campus follow the standards and expectations for the use, service, sale, and consumption of alcoholic beverages, Cal Poly requires that anyone wishing to sell or distribute alcohol on campus first complete an Alcohol Service Request Form.

Who Should Submit a Request

Flow Chart of ASR Requirement

Determine if an Alcohol Service Request form is required per Campus Administrative Policy CAP 172.

When scheduling an on or off campus event, with alcohol being served, verify if the venue has a license to serve alcohol. If the venue does not have an alcohol license in place, an Alcohol Service Request is required.

Per CAP, Students' events are not allowed to serve or sell alcohol on campus. Thus, University events, meetings and activities that are student club and/or student managed are not considered University events under this definition, unless they are under the direction and control of a University host and have an approved permit.

ASI staff, CPC staff, and State staff and faculty are able to fill out the form. Others must contact University Catering for assistance.

Back to top

Accessing the Request Form

The Alcohol Service Request Form can be accessed via Cal Poly eForms. Clicking on this link will direct you to your Cal Poly Portal to sign in.

Alcohol Service Request eForm

Back to top

Completing the Request Form

The form must be filled out and submitted at least 45 days prior to your event for multiple approvals. Facilities Event Request Form.

The Alcohol Service Request Submission Guide contains step-by-step information about how to complete each portion of the form.

Any questions, contact Administrative Compliance Services via email at or by phone at 805-756-5447.

Back to top

Related Content