National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
The National Student Loan Data System, or NSLDS, is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for federal student financial aid records.
What is the NSLDS Student Access Web Site?
The NSLDS Student Access Web Site lets student borrowers track and manage their federal student loans and grants online. The site provides disbursement amounts, outstanding balances, and status per federal fund type.
How to log on to the NSLDS Data System
- You will need your assigned PIN to log on.
- Log on to the NSLDS homepage.
- Select the Financial Aid Review link.
- Key in the requested personal identifying information.
- If you need assistance accessing the NSLDS site, please contact the Student Aid Information Center: 1.800.4FED.AID.
If you are accessing the NSLDS Data System because you are getting ready to enter repayment, please read the following information carefully
The NSLDS site summarizes federal financial aid disbursed to a student. For purposes of repayment, only student loan and the Teach Grant programs have repayment obligations (monetarily, or through service credit). For more information about repayment terms, please review the student loan promissory note (the lender can provide you with a copy if you don't have one), or the Teach Grant Agreement to Serve.
The NSLDS site does not summarize non-federal debt, such as:
- Non-federal institutional (campus-based) loans - Cal Poly is the lender for all the following loan types:
- Lydia Humphrey
- Long-Term Lutz
- Van Asperen
- Noyce Teacher Scholarships and Stipend
- ...And any other institutional loans lent through Cal Poly
- Non-federal alternative student loans (lent by a bank)
- Unpaid Cal Poly student account debt
How To Determine If You Have Non-Federal Debt
- Private alternative student loans lent through a bank: Contact the Financial Aid Office and inquire.
- Institutional loans lent through Cal Poly (includes Noyce Scholarships/Stipends): Contact your Cal Poly Repayment Counselor and inquire (please inlcude last 4 of ID#)
- Unpaid Cal Poly student account debt: Access your Student Center page through the portal (review your holds carefully)
Note: students have access to the portal for 2 years after their last term at Cal Poly. Because miscellaneous items may be charged on a student account after the student has left, we strongly encourage all students leaving Cal Poly to review their Student Center page once or twice a month for at least 3 or 4 months (both the hold and financial sections available on the Student Center page (via the Money Matters tab).
Please Contact the Cal Poly Help Desk with any portal log in difficulties (M thru F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM): 805-756-7000.
Back to the Exit Interview Instruction page