Cal Poly Learning Hub
- Use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser. Avoid Internet Explorer
- Don't use mobile devices for taking compliance courses
- Disable your Pop-Up Blocker and AdBlocker
- Keep the background browser window open during the training to record your completion
Create a help ticket to receive assistance if you've encountered an issue with taking a training, finding your records, signing up for a workshop, or have another problem in the Learning Hub. You will receive assistance from Learning Hub staff at the Chancellor's Office via email. Tickets are not monitored during holidays and campus closures. Please note that you may also see the system referred to as CSU Learn.
Log in with your Cal Poly email address.
Discover the centralized Learning Hub (a.k.a. CSU Learn) Training Resources page. This page provides articles on common questions regarding the Learning Hub platform. Please note that this page provides support to all CSU campuses and therefore examples may differ in appearance from the Cal Poly instance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access the Learning Hub?
- How do I view training I've been assigned?
In the Learning Hub, select the Self menu > Training Analysis. This screen displays all assigned training and due dates.
- How do I start an assigned training?
- Log in to the Learning Hub
- Click on the Assigned Learning tab
- Select the Register button at the top right (click on the main "Register" button instead of the dropdown arrow)
- Select Add (This is not present in all cases)
- Select Register at the bottom right
- Select Start to begin the training
- How do I find a training?
- Why are the training links in the email not working?
- I am a new employee. Why can't I log in?
It may take up to 4 days to be added to the Learning Hub. As well, you and your manager will need to have completed all hiring steps in order to gain access. You will also not have access to the Learning Hub until your official start date. Please contact the Cal Poly Learning Hub if you have additional questions.
- I am Retired/No Longer Employed, why I am still receiving email notifications?
Emails are automatically sent to individuals who have an active job record. When you stop working, it may take some time before your record is inactivated in the system. If you are not employed, you do not need to complete the training.
- I am on leave, why I am still receiving email notifications?
Emails are automatically sent to individuals who have an active job record. We are working on adjusting assignments for employees who are on leave, but this has not yet been implemented. Training can be taken when the individual returns from leave.
- Why is the course a blank page?
Learning Hub online courses launch in two windows: the content window and the tracking window. This “in progress” screen is the tracking window. Please minimize the tracking window and see if the course content is available in any other open windows. If you still can’t find the course content, please disable your popup blocker and re-launch the training.
- Why is it showing I already have taken the training previously?
This is referring to the expired completion and the training will need to be completed again. When you go to the Learning Hub and click on Assigned Learning to access the training module, click on "Start" and a prompt will appear asking if you would like to restart or review the course. Please select "Restart" so that you can overwrite the expired progress from last year and receive completion credit for training. See the list of compliance trainings to know when re-certification is required.
- Why was I assigned this training?
All employees are assigned compliance trainings. Other trainings are assigned based on your current role. Some trainings are assigned manually, in collaboration with learning partners around campus. Please contact the training coordinator for any additional information.
- What trainings I am required to take?
All employees are assigned compliance trainings. Other trainings are assigned based on your current role. Some trainings are assigned manually, in collaboration with learning partners around campus. Please see list of compliance trainings.
- How do I check my completion status?
Select transcript on the home page to access your training records. As well as make sure you have completed all information in the training and have reached the last page.
- How do I submit new learning activities to the Learning Hub?
Please fill out this form and you will hear back from us within 3-5 days.Learning Hub Posting Request
- How do I access ebooks?
Visit the Cal Poly Learning Hub. At the top right, click on the search button. On the search Drop-Down Menu select "Books and Videos." Type in the title of the book and click "Start" to begin reading!Instructions to Access and Navigate eBooks and Audio book
- How do I use a mobile device?
*The mobile app is not yet supported for taking compliance trainings*
- How can I earn CEUs?
The Cal Poly Learning Hub can help you earn continuing education units (CEU) that recognize time and effort spent in sharpening professional skills.
Organizations offering CEUs for Learning Hub Content
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
Courses which qualify for CEUs
To find out which courses qualify for CEU credit, go to the Skillsoft website at: https://www.skillsoft.com/accreditation/. Select the appropriate list from the provider.
Finding CEU qualifying courses in the Learning Hub
- Log in at my.calpoly.edu
- Under My Apps, select the Cal Poly Learning Hub
- Select the Library icon and choose the Certification link
Obtaining a CEU certificate
To request a certificate, go to https://certificaterequest.skillsoft.com/. Documentation that verifies your course completion is required.