Say Hello to LinkedIn Learning
Cal Poly is upgrading your Lynda.com account to LinkedIn Learning — a highly personalized learning experience designed to help you achieve your goals through learning you’ll use, love, and apply.
LinkedIn Learning, which is based on Lynda.com, has the same great content but provides an even more personalized experience. And, it’s still free to Cal Poly faculty, staff and student employees! When the upgrade is complete, you will be redirected to LinkedIn Learning. Don’t worry, all your learning activity and history from Lynda.com was seamlessly transferred to LinkedIn Learning.
What do I need to do?
You will still access LinkedIn Learning through your Cal Poly Portal under My Apps or on the Staff and Faculty Training tab. All your data has been migrated automatically to the new platform. When you upgrade, you can choose to connect LinkedIn Learning to your existing LinkedIn account.
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Learning and connecting your LinkedIn account
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Learning without connecting your LinkedIn account
- Learn more about upgrading to LinkedIn Learning
If you have shared links to any courses these will be redirected to a course in LinkedIn Learning for one year. You will need to provide a direct link to replace this after that time.
How do I use LinkedIn Learning?
To find out more about LinkedIn Learning and the new features available, watch How to use LinkedIn Learning. You might also find Gaining skills with LinkedIn Learning of interest. Both of these courses are on LinkedIn Learning so they will give you a taste of what’s in store on the new platform!
About LinkedIn Learning
With LinkedIn Learning, you’ll experience the same things you love about Lynda.com like:
- High-quality content: At the core of LinkedIn Learning is high-quality Lynda.com content. If you have favorite content on Lynda.com, don’t worry, it is still there!
- Comprehensive data and progress: Data, including groups, playlists, assigned content, account settings, and histories were automatically migrated.
- Learner course video page: All of the features and functionality of this page remains the same. This includes transcripts, exercise files, mobile viewing, and bookmarking.
You’ll also experience many new and improved features including:
- A new, easy-to-use interface
- Personalized course recommendations
- Social curation, and more