Parking Enforcement will operate normal hours during Spring Break 3/27/17 – 3/30/17. All Parking rules will be in effect.
Special Events to Impact Commuters Campus Wide in April
On Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8, Cal Poly will host Admitted Students Day, Poly Royal Rodeo, and many other events associated with Open House 2017. The university is expecting traffic delays and limited parking availability throughout campus for the event. University Police Department strongly recommends faculty, staff and students use alternate modes of transportation such as carpooling, vanpooling, transit, walking, or biking to campus.
In an effort to facilitate Open House activities and provide a safe campus environment, we have compiled information on available parking locations and road and parking lot closures:
Friday, April 7, 2017
Available Parking Locations
- Grand Avenue Structure
- Staff Lots: H4a, H4b, H4c, H4d, H4e, C1, C2, C3, C7, Cuesta Avenue, College Avenue, H2a, H2b, and H2c
- General Lots: K1, H1, H12, H13, H14, H15, H16
- Village Drive Structure (R3), Canyon Circle Structure (R4), and H14
- After 4 PM Rodeo & Baseball Event Parking: H1, H12, H14, H15, H16
- After 5 PM Mobility Impaired Parking will be available in C-7 and the top level of the Grand Avenue Structure
Closures Related to Poly Royal Rodeo
- Beginning at 5:00 PM, parking lots H2a, H4a, H10, and H11 will be closed until Sunday, April 7at 3:00 PM. All vehicles MUST be out of these parking lots by 5:00 PM on Friday or they will be cited and towed
- 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM California Blvd. between Campus Way and Highland Dr. and all parking areas between Campus Way and Highland will be closed
SLO Transit and RTA will operate their normal schedule and routes
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Available Parking Locations
- Grand Avenue Structure
- General Lots: K1, H14
- Mobility Impaired Parking will be available in C-7 and the top level of the Grand Avenue Structure
- After 1 PM Rodeo & Baseball Event Parking: H1, H12, H14, H15, H16
- VIP Poly Royal Rodeo: C1, C2, C3, College Avenue, Cuesta Avenue, Children’s Center Lot (Special pass required)
Road & Parking Lot Closures
Closures Related to Poly Royal Parade, Campus Showcase and Poly Royal Rodeo
- 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Grand Avenue & N. Perimeter Rd. will be closed from Deer Rd. to California Blvd. (Traffic will be detoured onto Deer Rd. and Klamath Rd.)
- 10:00am to 3:00pm N. Perimeter Rd. will be closed from Village Dr. to California Blvd.
- 3:30 PM to- 10:00 PM California Blvd. between Campus Way and Highland and all parking areas within Campus Way and Highland Dr. will be closed f7:00 AM - 3:30 PM N. Perimeter Rd. from University Dr. to Village Dr. will be closed 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM University Dr. will be closed
- 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM So. Perimeter Rd. at Cuesta Ave. will be closed to through traffic
SLO Transit and RTA will operate modified schedules:
For more information regarding campus access and parking, please call the University Police Reception Center, (805) 756-6654 Monday-Friday 7am to 5pm.
If you need additional information, please call the Open House Information Hotline at (805) 756-2764 for recorded information; or (805) 756-7576 to speak with an Open House representative. You can also visit the Open House website at: http://openhouse.calpoly.edu.
Thank you for your courtesy and cooperation.
Cal Poly Baseball Season Starts Tuesday March 7th
Cal Poly's baseball season tonight at Baggett Stadium, game time is 6pm. Please expect traffic delays due to event attendees arriving during peak traffic time. Event parking will be available as of 4pm in the H12, H14, H16 parking lots, event parking permits are $10. Please follow directions to event lots.
Parking and Commuter Services Launches New, User-Friendly Website
Cal Poly’s Parking and Commuter Services department has launched a new website to better inform the campus community. The former parking website has been completely re-designed with the user in mind – providing quick, easy access to information on services, policies and events.
The website has a modern design with intuitive navigation, based on an analysis of site traffic patterns. The new structure helps users quickly find information with “Quick Links” to the most visited areas of the website. The homepage also displays “Closures Today” with regular updates on parking lot closures. A “Parking on Campus” section provides information on parking lots, space types and pay kiosk locations.
The website is a collaboration of Parking and Commuter Services and Cal Poly’s Administration and Finance Division (AFD)’s Network and Technology Services. It is the first of many websites that AFD will be revamping to enhance the web experience for the campus community.
Parkmobile Allows Mustangs to pay for, extend parking time by phone on campus meters
Thursday, Sept. 22
In its efforts to bring the latest in parking technology to the Cal Poly community, Parking Services now offers pay-by-phone meter parking at all campus meter locations.
To take advantage of pay-by-phone parking, create a free account online at Parkmobile. Once registration is complete, download one of their free apps for iPhone, Android, Windows 7 and Blackberry. The Parkmobile app may also be downloaded onto any tablet.
To start a parking transaction with the app:
- Key in the zone number found on the meter sticker or nearby Parkmobile signage in the lot
- Enter the space number if applicable
- Select the amount of time you wish to park
- Touch the start button to confirm the transaction
Users are alerted 15 minutes before time expires so you can extend your parking transaction, where available*, where ever you are. Parkmobile accounts may also be used anywhere the service is offered throughout the country.