Travel Booking Resources & Guides

All domestic and international travel must have an Approved Request prior to booking a trip.

Cal Poly employees can book domestic and international travel through Concur Travel or directly with our travel management company, Christopherson’s Business Travel.

Airfare booked using Concur is charged directly to a Cal Poly and the expense will be sent directly to your Concur Expense page for reconciliation after your trip.

The Concur Travel Card is recommended for all other travel expenses including car rental and hotel. Through the card, the University pays the vendors directly so the traveler is not financially burdened. The traveler does not need to be reimbursed for expenses paid by the Concur Travel Card.

Booking on behalf of guests and students is a separate process. Visit those areas for more information.

Staff / Faculty - Domestic

Unused Tickets

Hotel in California:

California hotels may charge an occupancy tax and this tax is determined by each COUNTY, not the state. Please visit the county's website prior to traveling for more information. In addition, we encourage all travelers to call their hotel in advance to confirm what documentation or forms are required to qualify for occupancy tax exemption since it is up to each hotel if they will waive the occupancy tax from your bill.

Be prepared to provide the following, as a minimum, to the hotel:

Rental Cars

Rental cars can be booked through the Travel Management Company or you can book it yourself. If you would rather book your own rental car please follow these instructions.

Employees must pay with a credit card. The direct bill solution for employees is the Concur Travel Card.

The direct bill solution for non-employees is the Cal Poly Enterprise portal only, the link above will take you to the proper page with the portals for State funded and for Cal Poly Corporation funded direct bill.

Staff / Faculty - International Procedures

Travel Updates