Fleet Fuel Card
Cal Poly provides the University Departments with a Fleet Fuel Card to pay for off-campus low value and low volume fuel purchases in order to achieve cost savings and improve processing time off campus.
Fuel Card Benefits:
- Efficient, timely and cost effective
- Able to purchase fuel and make emergency vehicle related purchases off-campus
- Eliminates the need for purchases on personal cards and reimbursements
It is each Fuel Card User, Driver, Department Liaison, and Approving Official’s responsibility to read, understand and abide by the Fleet Fuel Card and Procedures.
Fuel Card Allowable Purchases:
All allowable Fleet Fuel Card purchases must conform to these Fleet Fuel Card purchasing parameters:
- Regular unleaded gasoline
- Alternative fuels (e.g., biodegradable diesel, E-85, CNG, etc.)
- Fluid and lubricants (i.e. oil, anti-freeze, washer fluid, etc.).
- Two basic low-cost car washes per month (less than $15.00 each)
- 24-hour emergency roadside service (800) 600-6065
- Emergency purchases such as wiper blades, fan belts, tires, etc.
Fuel Card Non-Allowable purchases:
- Mid-grade or premium (supreme) unleaded gasoline unless specifically required by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Fuel for personal vehicles
- The Fleet Fuel Card cannot be used for commercial vehicle rentals unless an emergency arises, and the user has prior departmental approval for use of the card in such circumstances.
- Miscellaneous items such as food or sundries (personal items)
Violations may result in the Fuel Card being taken away from user