Lost and Found
Cal Poly Lost & Found is located in Building 70 Facilities and may be contacted by calling 805-756-5555. Our hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays.
Lost & Found is unable to accept the following items, thank you for your understanding.
- Poly Card ID's - Direct all found Poly Cards to Poly Card Services located in building 35, room 114E. Poly Card Services can be reached at 805-756-2614.
- State Keys, Residence Hall Keys - Direct all found state keys and residence hall keys to the Cal Poly Key Shop located in building 58. The Cal Poly Key Shop can be reached at 805-756-5220
- Web Access Cards - Direct all found Web Access cards to University Housing in building 171A. University Housing can be reached at 805-756-1587.
- Bicycles - Direct all found bicycles to the University Police Department located in building 36. The University Police Department can be reached at 805-756-2281.
- Hazardous or Odorous Material- For the health and safety of our staff, CPLF will not accept soft surface, personal care items, wet items (bathing suits/trunks, towels), undergarments, shoes, food items, used dishware (food containers, plastic water bottles, eating utensils), bedding, or clothing.
- Prescription Medicine- Medicines including inhalers and epi-pens should be turned into the pharmacy at the Health Center Building 27.
Turning in A Found Item
Cal Poly Lost and Found will accept most high value and hard surface items (which may be easily sanitized). Please provide the following information when turning in found items:
- Date and approximate time when the item was found.
- Location where the item was found.
- Name of department turning in the found item (if applicable).
Examples of Accepted Items
*Please note this list is not all inclusive.
- Car or House Keys
- Prescription Glasses
- iPads or Tablets
- Air Pods, Beats, other Headphones
Reporting a Lost Item
To report a lost items, contact Lost & Found via email, phone at 805-756-5555, or in person and supply the following information:
- Email address
- Full name
- Phone number
- Description of the lost item - must include a general description, the brand name (if any), and the primary color
- Approximate time and location of loss
If possible, matches are identified, and the potential owner is notified via email or phone call. The potential owner will be asked to confirm the match in person and potentially provide photo identification before the item is released.
All found items are retained for three months and then disposed of. Found items valued at $300 or more are processed for sale through an online auction site for public agencies: http://www.publicsurplus.com. Any property for which no bid is made is disposed of following the sale. Monies received by the campus from public auction are used for scholarships and loans for students. All other unclaimed items are donated or disposed of.