**Please note that due to the COVID19 pandemic all Lost and Found services are temporarily suspended. No items will be accepted at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
Lost and Found
Cal Poly Lost & Found is located in Building 70 Facilities and may be contacted by calling 805-756-5555. Our hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays, excluding holidays.
Lost & Found is unable to accept the following items, thank you for your understanding.
- Poly Card ID's - Direct all found Poly Cards to Poly Card Services located in building 35, room 114E. Poly Card Services can be reached at 805-756-2614.
- State Keys, Residence Hall Keys - Direct all found state keys and residence hall keys to the Cal Poly Key Shop located in building 58. The Cal Poly Key Shop can be reached at 805-756-5220
- Web Access Cards - Direct all found Web Access cards to University Housing in building 171A. University Housing can be reached at 805-756-1587.
- Bicycles - Direct all found bicycles to the University Police Department located in building 36. The University Police Department can be reached at 805-756-2281.
- Hazardous or Odorous Material- For health reasons, CPLF will not accept wet items (bathing suits/trunks, towels), undergarments, shoes, food items, used dishware (food containers, plastic water bottles, eating utensils), bedding, or questionable clothing.
Turning in A Found Item
Excluding the items listed above all found items on campus should be turned in immediately to Lost & Found. Please provide the following information when turning in found items:
- Date and approximate time when the item was found.
- Location where the item was found.
- Name of department turning in the found item (if applicable).
Reporting a Lost Item
To check for lost personal items, contact Lost & Found via email, phone at 805-756-5555, or in person and supply the following information:
- Email address
- Full name
- Phone number
- Description of the lost item - must include a general description, the brand name (if any), and the primary color
- Approximate time and location of loss
If possible matches are found, the potential owner is notified via email. The potential owner will be asked to confirm the match in person and provide picture identification before it is released.
Found items valued at $300 or more are kept for three months from the date the item is received by Cal Poly Lost & Found. After three months, the property is processed to be sold through an online auction site for public agencies: http://www.publicsurplus.com. Any property for which no bid is made is disposed of following the sale. Monies received by the campus from public auction are used for scholarships and loans for students.