Lost and Found

Cal Poly Lost & Found is in Building 70 and may be contacted by calling 805-756-5555. Business hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm on weekdays, excluding holidays.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but for health and safety reasons, we DO NOT accept clothing items or water bottles/containers. If you have misplaced clothing items or other personal items, we recommend checking with the department building or location where it was lost. Cal Poly Lost and Found will accept most high value and hard-surface items.

Examples of items WE DO Accept:

Reporting a Lost Item

Contact Lost & Found via email, phone at 805-756-5555, or in person.

Items are retained for three months. Found items valued at $300 or more are processed for sale through an online auction site for public agencies: http://www.publicsurplus.com. Any property for which no bid is made is disposed of following the sale. Money received by the campus from public auctions is used for scholarships and loans for students. All other unclaimed items are donated or disposed of.

Lost & Found is UNABLE to accept the following items:

  • Poly Card ID's - Direct all found Poly Cards to Poly Card Services located in building 35, room 114E. Poly Card Services can be reached at 805-756-2614.
  • State Keys, Residence Hall Keys - Direct all found state keys and residence hall keys to the Cal Poly Key Shop located in building 58. The Cal Poly Key Shop can be reached at 805-756-5220.
  • Web Access Cards - Direct all found Web Access cards to University Housing in building 171A. University Housing can be reached at 805-756-1587.
  • Bicycles - Direct all found bicycles to the University Police Department located in building 36. The University Police Department can be reached at 805-756-2281.
  • Hazardous or Odorous Material- For the health and safety of our staff, CPLF will NOT accept soft surface, personal care items, wet items (bathing suits/trunks, towels), undergarments, shoes, food items, used dishware (food containers, plastic water bottles, eating utensils), bedding, or clothing.
  • Prescription Medicine- Medicines including inhalers and epi-pens should be turned into the pharmacy at the Health Center Building 27.