As an employee of the California State University (CSU), you have a comprehensive program of benefits available to you and, in many instances, your family. We know that reviewing and choosing your benefits can be an overwhelming experience and that is why we provide a variety of resource information to help you understand the rules, guidelines and deadlines governing the CSU Benefits Program. This page presents the generalities of the Core Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision. There are separate links at the right for all these and other benefits; voluntary plans, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, Leave Programs and more. View our Benefit Programs Overview. Specific health plan details can be found in the Evidence of Coverage documents.
- Five HR Forms can now be filled out and signed online (DocuSign forms)
- Affordable Care Act [PDF]
- NetBenefits (403b) (Fidelity Investments)
- Nationwide (401k, 457) (Savings Plus)
|Event||Location||Date & Time||Register|
|Fidelity In-Person Consultations||Building 01, Room 118||July 20- 21, 2017 8:00am - 5:00pm||Fidelity Registration|
|Information Workshop on Retirement and Medicare||Kennedy Library (35-511)||May 31, 2017 11:30am - 1:00pm||Sign-up Genius Registration|
**Attendance is subject to supervisory approval and based on departmental operational needs**
Fidelity Investments One-on-One Appointments
Christel Whitter, campus representative from Fidelity Investments, will be on campus to provide individual in-person consultations for faculty and staff to assist with enrollment in the CSU 403b retirement plan through Fidelity Investments and answer questions about retirement savings and investment options.
Informational Session on Retirement and Medicare
Human Resources and Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP), a local nonprofit organization, will present information on retirement and Medicare. Spouses and partners are also welcome to attend. Space is limited to 50 seats.
CSU Voluntary Benefit Plans Summaries
- Voluntary Benefits Plans summary for employees who are not elibigle for CSU core benefits: Benefits Summary Brochure for Non-Core Employees
- Voluntary Benefits Plans summary for employees who are elibigle for CSU core benefits: Benefits Summary Brochure for Core Employees
How do I enroll?
All changes with the exception of Fall Open Enrollment are processed using the Benefits Enrollment Worksheet (document). Open Enrollment changes are processed online using your Cal Poly portal. Use the forms link above to access the worksheet.
When are benefits effective?
- You have sixty days from your eligibility date, generally your date of hire or new appointment, in which to enroll in offered benefits and some voluntary benefits. Once the sixty days have passed you can still enroll after an additional ninety day waiting period.
- Events such as marriage, domestic partnership, divorce, birth or adoption of a child have the same sixty day window for enrollment.
- The effective date is generally the first of the month following the date you submit your enrollment worksheet. For example: date of eligibility of 9/15/16, date submitted 09/20/16, effective date of 10/01/16.
What is the cost for the employee?
Dental and vision are free to eligible employees and their dependents.
Health care costs vary from free to a few hundred dollars per month. View the 2017 Health Plan Monthly Rates.
Can I enroll dependents?
You can cover only yourself or include your family members. If your spouse or domestic partner is also eligible for benefits all family members must be covered under one employee. You cannot split family members between two employees. If you enroll a domestic partner, you will be charged imputed taxes on the cost of their insurance.
- Guidelines for enrolling family members
- 2017 Inputed Taxes Charged for Domestic Partner Benefits
- State of California - Domestic Partners Registry
Our Vendors are the real experts, view the Benefits Reference Guide for a complete listing of phone numbers and websites.
We are available: M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm
|Benefits Contacts||Kelly Mode||Callie Sandoval||Mitzi Watson|
|Admin Bldg. 01, room 110 [MAP]|