Eligible Cal Poly employees may enroll themselves and their eligible dependents in dental coverage, with premiums currently paid in full by Cal Poly. (For information regarding eligible dependents, see the CalPERS Guidelines for enrolling family members.)
Two plans are available: Delta Dental (PPO Plan) and DeltaCare USA (HMO Plan). Coverage levels vary depending on bargaining agreements. For details please see the Delta Dental CSU website.
Plan Comparison Chart and Provider Directory
All plan details and Evidence of Coverages can be found by viewing the California State University Dental Benefits.
Eligible CSU employees and dependents are enrolled in vision coverage that is currently paid by the CSU. Premiums are generated through the payroll process and are paid on a monthly basis. Premiums are paid annually in a one-time lump sum amount for Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) employees. For information regarding eligible dependents, see the CalPERS Guidelines for Enrolling Family Members.
CSU vision benefits are insured through Vision Service Plan (VSP).
Plan Details Usage
- You may use services of any licensed ophthalmologist, optomotrist or dispensing optician of your choice
- Using an in-network VSP provider will cover more out-of-pocket costs. You will need to fill out a claim form online or paper form for reimbursement. To find an in-network provider, use the link below or call VSP directly
Plan Details and Provider Directory
Voluntary Vision Premier Plan
- The Premier Plan is a voluntary enhanced plan with enrollment occurring directly between the employee
and VSP. Enrollment into the Premier Plan requires a paper form (link below).
- Forms must be received by VSP within 60 days of hire.
- Once the form is completed the employee may fax or mail the form to VSP (address and fax number are printed on the form).
- Employees may seek services once the Premier Plan deduction is listed on their paycheck. Employees should not use services under the Basic Plan while waiting for Premier Plan enrollment.
- Eligible dependents not included with the Premier Plan enrollment will not be able to seek services under
the Basic Plan. For example, if an employee enrolls him/herself in Premier Plan, but does not include a
spouse or children on the enrollment form to pay a lower premium, the spouse and children will not be
able to seek services under the Basic Plan.
TruHearing: Hearing Aid Discount Program
TruHearing is making hearing aids affordable for all VSP Vision Care members by providing free enrollment in the TruHearing MemberPlus Program. What's more, members can add up to four (4) guest members (parents, grandparents, siblings) at no extra charge to enjoy the same great savings.
There is no charge for joining the Program ($108 value). Members can combine this program with their current health coverage to maximize the benefit and reduce their out-of-pocket expense.
Enroll at VSP TruHearing
(Members must identify themselves as being with VSP)
View TruHearing Program Flyer
All transactions are between the VSP member and TruHearing. The vendor is solely responsible for the products or services offered.
The CSU offers two plans that help employees manage their benefit needs and save valuable tax dollars. If an employee has medical and/or dental coverage not offered by the CSU, Medi-care, Tri-Care or California Care, the FlexCash Plan pays cash in lieu of CSU coverage, allowing the employee to receive only the coverage needed. If an employee elects health coverage through the CSU, the Tax Advantage Premium Plan (TAPP) allows for the payment of health insurance premiums on a pre-tax basis, reducing federal, state and FICA taxes.
If an employee chooses to participate in FlexCash, the following monthly after-tax payments are made to the employee:
|Medical and Dental