Visit the Human Resources Virtual Front Desk. Hours: Mon- Thurs, 10am - 1pm and Fri, 10am - 4pm

Learn more   

Flexible Benefit Plans

Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) & Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA)

To allow for adequate processing time, you must submit HCRA, DCRA, or FlexCash enrollments into the Benefits Department by the 8th of the month for enrollment the following month. If you have any further questions, please contact the Benefits Team at 805-756-2236 option 2.

Enroll or Make Changes (non Open Enrollment)

The CSU Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care are voluntary benefit plans for eligible employees that could offer tax advantages and increase an employee's take home pay. The plans allows for the reimbursement of out-of-pocket eligible expenses from money deducted from an employee's paycheck before federal, state and FICA taxes are deducted.

This is a calendar year benefit. You must re-enroll each Open Enrollment for the next calendar year. You have until March 15 of each calendar year to spend your contributions from (Jan-Dec prior year). Funds do not rollover; if you do not use your contributions by March 15, you will forfeit them. You have until June 30th to submit claims for the previous plan year.

Contact Vendor - ASI Flex

Phone: 800-659-3035

Claims for both HCRA and DCRA can now be filed online with ASI Flex. View the CSU instructions and the ASIFlex Quick Guide .

Health Care Reimbusement Account (HCRA)

The Health Care Reimbursement Account allows you to pay for essential health care expenses that are not covered, or are partially covered, by your medical, dental and vision insurance plans for an employee, employee's spouse, and dependents (including domestic partner).

Employees may contribute a minimum of $20 per month up to an annual maximum of $3,050 ($254.16/month) for plan year 2024.

ASIFlex Debit Card (HCRA only)

You may pay for eligible expenses by using the ASIFlex Card, a special-purpose debit card. ASI Flex will issue two cards to all account holders. ASIFlex Card FAQs; ASIFlex Card Claim Form.

Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA)

The Dependent Care Reimbursement Account allows for payment of expenses for certain dependent care costs that enable an employee to work. Expenses may only be claimed for dependents that are under the age of 13; or for older dependents that live with you at least 8 hours each day and are incapable of self-care.

Employees may contribute a minimum of $20 per month up to a maximum of $416.66 a month ($5,000 annual maximum) for plan year 2024. However, if an employee is married and filing a separate tax return, the annual maximum is $2,500.