Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
An HMO offers health benefits, including preventive care, with no deductibles or maximums, and minimal co-payments. You will choose a primary care physician (PCP) within a network of contracting doctors. The PCP coordinates your care, including referrals to specialists. If you go outside of the HMO without a referral (except for emergency services), you will be responsible for the total cost of services. To find out more about how to use your HMO plan please refer to the ABCs of Using a HMO
Local HMO NetworksNote: For 2021: Employees enrolled in Blue Shield Trio will have access to Physician's Choice Medical Group (in San Luis Obispo)providers. Employees enrolled in United Healthcare will have access to Coastal Communities Physician Network providers; all other plans have access to both networks depending upon their Primary Care Physician.
|Coastal Communities Physician's Network||ccpnhpn.com||800-763-7732|
|Physician's Choice Medical Group||physicianschoicemedicalgroup.com||888-560-8799|
Contact UnitedHealthcare: 877-359-3714
- Visit website
- Online Provider Directory
- OptumRx Prescription Information
- 2021 Evidence of Coverage
- 2021 Summary & Glossary
- UnitedHealthcare Behavioral Health Provider website
Access code: 'Calpers'
- UnitedHealthcare Chiropractic and Acupuncture Provider - Optum Physical Health websiteSelect UnitedHealthcare Signaure Value in Plan/Product dropdown menu