If you are a relocating employee, you will receive an invitation from the SLO Chamber of shortly after you accept your formal offer. Welcome to Cal Poly, and welcome to your new home in SLO!
SLO Onboarding Assistance Resources
Cal Poly is partnering with the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce on their SLO Onboarding Assistance Resource (SOAR) program. As part of this program final candidates for open positions and newly hired employees will have access to a one stop shop for customized referrals and personal introductions to help individuals and families feel prepared before they arrive and at home when they arrive in SLO.
Opportunities for support include:
- Participants are invited to fill out a brief digital intake form to quickly outline key priorities
- A follow up one-on-one meeting (virtually or in person) to delve more deeply into interests, needs and areas of concern
- Concierge will then connect the employee with personalized relocation resources (realtors, schools, faith communities, etc.)
PARTNER CAREER NETWORK
- Partner can meet with Concierge to share their resume, professional goals and timeline
- Concierge will send short summary of the candidate and resume to the larger Career Network
- Concierge will facilitate introductions to individuals and affinity groups as desired
- Families and individuals are invited to participate in periodic social/community building events to meet existing community members as well as others who are new to the area