Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP is here to help faculty, staff, and their household members with personal and workplace challenges. This program provides individual assessment and referral, solution-oriented personal issue resolution, face-to-face and virtual counseling, life management services, and other resources aimed at assisting members with a variety of issues.
Before viewing contact information and additional details this page requires that you first authenticate with the Cal Poly PortalPortal Login
Additional wellness services are offered through Empathia’s LifeMatters website. The website offers a variety of resources including assessments, webinars, articles, etc. pertaining to the following categories:
- Emotional Wellbeing (addiction, depression, stress, etc.)
- Relationships (caregiving, nurturing yourself, parenting, etc.)
- Financial (banking & credit, budgeting, investing, identity theft etc.)
- Health (alternative medicine, balanced living, healthy aging, etc.)
- Legal (contracts, debt & bankruptcy, retirement & elder care, etc.)
- Workplace (effective communication, managing work & family, etc.)
Services also include conflict resolution, supervisory consultation and training, and on-campus professional development.
Some medical plans provide counseling and other wellbeing services that can supplement the EAP. Please check with your medical plan provider to learn more.
Other Campus Resources include:
- Wellbeing Toolkit featuring courses, videos, articles and books for learning more about your wellbeing
- Sweeteners webpage showcasing a listing of employees discounts and services
- Benefits Events webpage displaying upcoming benefit events
- Campus Health & Wellbeing, including the pharmacy and food pantry
Notice: Cal Poly employees should be aware of their rights regarding telehealth services pursuant to AB 457. Employees may download the Specialized Health Care Service Plan Contract Amendatory Rider for AB 457 and the Combined Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Form Amendatory Rider for AB 457 by logging into the member website and clicking on the "Combined Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Rider" at the footer of the site. Members may request a hard copy by writing to Member Services: Empathia Pacific, 5234 Chesebro Road, Suite 201, Agoura Hills, CA 91301.