Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Empathia’s LifeMatters EAP (company password: calpoly) or call (800) 367-7474 for assistance 24/7
The EAP is here to help faculty, staff, and their household members with personal and workplace challenges. This program provides individual assessment and referral, solution-oriented personal issue resolution, face-to-face counseling, life management services, and other resources aimed at assisting members with a variety of issues. Effective 01/01/2020 Counseling sessions will be available over the phone.
Additional wellness services are offered through Empathia’s LifeMatters site.
Empathia’s LifeMatters website offers a variety of resources including assessments, webinars, articles, etc. pertaining to the following categories:
- Emotional Wellbeing (addiction, depression, stress, etc.)
- Relationships (caregiving, nurturing yourself, parenting, etc.)
- Financial (banking & credit, budgeting, investing, identity theft etc.)
- Health (alternative medicine, balanced living, healthy aging, etc.)
- Legal (contracts, debt & bankruptcy, retirement & elder care, etc.)
- Workplace (effective communication, managing work & family, etc.)
Some medical plans provide counseling and other wellbeing services that can supplement the EAP. Please check with your medical plan provider to learn more.
Some services include conflict resolution, supervisory consultation and training, and on-campus professional development.