This award has been given every year since 1972 and is presented by the President's Office.
Nominees must be permanent, full-time employees of the University, Corporation, or ASI, who have completed at least three years of employment with Cal Poly as of December 31, 2017 (Ten-month employees are eligible). The following are not eligible: employees represented by Bargaining Unit 3 (faculty), former recipients of the award, and student assistants.
In order to be considered for the Outstanding Staff Employee Award, an employee should:
- Be truly dedicated and loyal;
- Exhibit expertise in job performance;
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist others enthusiastically;
- Take initiative in making his/her department more efficient and productive;
- Maintain an excellent relationship with co-workers, faculty members, and students; and
- Make contributions to the University.
Any staff employee, faculty member, department or division head may nominate an eligible employee for the Outstanding Staff Employee Award. Nominations are made by completing the Nomination Form.