Educational Fee Waiver Criteria
The following employees are eligible to participate in the fee waiver program:
- Full-time permanent or probationary employees
- Full-time temporary employees, if allowed by collective bargaining contract
- Permanent part-time employees
- Employees on an approved leave of absence, if otherwise eligible
- Temporary faculty employees with three (3) year appointments pursuant to Article 12. Coaches with at least six (6) consecutive years of service in the department.
CSU Fee Waiver eligibility criteria for represented and non-represented employee categories is summarized in the table below:
|Employee Categories||Eligibility Criteria|
Units 2, 5, 7, 9 (CSUEU)
Unit 4 (Academic Professionals)
Unit 6 (Trades)
Unit 10 (IUOE)
Full-time employees (i.e., permanent, temporary, and probationary)
Part-time permanent employees
|Unit 3 (Faculty)||
Tenured* and probationary faculty unit employees, and temporary faculty unit employees with three (3) year appointments pursuant to Article 12.
Coaches with at least six (6) years consecutive years of service in the department. (Two (2) quarters in the bargaining unit on a single CSU campus during a single academic year.)
|Unit 1 (Physicians)||All Unit Members|
Unit 8 (Public Safety)
Full-time or part-time permanent** employees
Full-time probationary employees (no temporary)
|M80||Full-time employees (includes temporary)|
* FERP employees are considered tenured faculty and are eligible for fee waiver only during the semesters/quarters when they are actively employed.
** C99 and E99 employees only attain permanent status in part-time positions as a result of completing a probationary period in a full-time position and, subsequently, reducing their time base.
Note: Please check Collective Bargaining Agreements for provisions concerning the appointment of part-time, permanent employees.