Individual Career Development Plan (ICDP)
An Individual Career Development Plan (ICDP) is a formal plan of course work that will enhance skills in an employee's current position or qualify an employee for another classification in the CSU. It is also a written record of understanding between the employee and the university and is intended to assist the employee in reaching short - or long-term career development goals. These goals should be mutually beneficial to the university and the employee. Completion of an ICDP does not guarantee a promotion or reassignment to another position.
An ICDP must be completed by all new enrollees in the fee waiver program and revised whenever there is a change in career development goals.
If your ICDP includes a degree objective, you MUST declare a major, complete the matriculation and evaluation process, and be formally admitted into the degree program, for more information please see How to Get Started with the Employee Fee Waiver Program.
Launch the Individual Career Development Plan
- After launching the Individual Career Development Plan, a DocuSign PowerForm will prompt for your name and email as the Employee and the names and email addresses of all appropriate individuals.
- If your “Manager” and “Director/Dept. Head” are the same individual please leave “Manager” blank. Note: if you know any of the signers will be out of the office when the form is being routed, you may replace the signer with another individual who has designated authority to sign in their absence.
- Select “Begin Signing”. The following message will appear, “Your PowerForm has been successfully activated for signing. Email notifications have been sent,” indicating that a message has been sent to your email address which authenticates your identity and allows you to “Continue”.
- Navigate to your email account and search for an email from the DocuSign System firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on “Review Documents” located in the body of the email to complete the submission of your form. Please note that you must make at least one change to the form in order to select the “Finish Later” option from the “Other Actions” dropdown menu. Otherwise you will be required to start over.
You can also create an account so you may follow the progress of your form as it is routed for review and approval. Sign in using your Cal Poly Username and Password. Further information on creating/accessing your account can be found on the Service Desk.