Visit the Human Resources Virtual Front Desk. Hours: Mon- Thurs, 10am - 1pm and Fri, 10am - 4pm

Learn more   

How to Get Started

To start the process, employees should contact the Fee Waiver program email address to determine eligibility to participate in the program. In this communication, please include Request for Eligibility Verification in the subject line and provide your name and employee identification number in the body of the email.

Step 1

Enrolling in Work Related/Career Development Courses

If you will be enrolling in work-related or career development courses only, you are not required to matriculate into a degree program nor are transcripts needed. Complete the AdobeSign Admissions application Fee Waiver Admissions Application for Non-Matriculated Students.

As a reminder, deadlines for submitting CSU paper applications are as follows:

  • Fall: July 1st
  • Winter: October 1st
  • Spring: February 1st
  • Summer: n/a - closed

Enrolling in Baccalaureate or Post Baccalaureate Degree Program

If you plan to matriculate into a new baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree program, you must apply electronically via Cal State Apply. Select the "Apply Now" tab and follow the instructions. You must apply during the application periods for new applicants to degree programs at Cal Poly. To view programs and deadlines, visit the Admissions Office website. Call 805-756-2313 for specific guidance.

Returning to Baccalaureate or Post Baccalaureate Degree Program

Employees seeking to return to their former Cal Poly major or graduate program should contact the Admissions Office 805-756-2313 for detailed instructions

Step 2

The Admissions Office will notify you when your application has been processed and you have been admitted to the university.

Step 4

Register and pay current quarter registration fees in accordance with normal campus deadlines. For information about fees and deadlines please visit the Fees website. Regarding registration information and enrollment rotations visit the Office of the Registrar.