- Review the Definition of a Catered Event to verify your event is eligible to be catered by an off-campus caterer.
Read through and become familiar with the following:
Catering Related Policy & Terms Compliance Cal Poly’s Responsibility Food Policy Cal Poly Comply Event Guidelines Cal Poly Comply Hospitality Policy Cal Poly Comply Alcohol Guidelines Cal Poly Comply Catering Vendor Terms and Conditions Approved Caterers Ensure the Approved Caterer complies Zero Waste Event Guide Cal Poly and Approved Caterers Comply and ensure the Approved Caterer complies
- If you are planning to serve or sell alcohol at your event, you must utilize University Catering or one of the caterers approved for alcohol service for both the food and alcohol service. You must submit an Alcohol Service Request for approval to serve alcohol at your event.
- Submit a University Catering Waiver for approval for events that will have food given away to the public or food that will be sold on campus
- Clubs contact ASI Club Services for a Purchase Order Number.
- Select a vendor from the Approved Caterer list for on-campus events. Non-approved caterers are not authorized to provide services on campus.
- Obtain a quote from the vendor(s). Deposits up to 25% of estimate may be requested by the vendor prior to your event. Note: this may be non-refundable if event is canceled less than two weeks prior to the scheduled event date. Deposit to be processed per proper payment method, see details below, depending on value.
- Departments are authorized to sign estimates only from Approved Caterers, since a contract is already on file with these vendors.
- Relay information to the vendor regarding parking on campus, including how to obtain a parking permit for the day of the event.
- Ensure vendor removes all trash and leaves location clean. Department will be charged for additional custodial services, if required.
- After the event is complete, submit a Hospitality Form together with the payment request.
- Provide feedback on caterer’s performance by Rating the Caterer via a short survey