Section V: PROCEDURES
Documentation of Purchases
Documentation of purchases is required regardless of whether the purchases were made in person, over the phone, online or by any other means. The cardholder must have an itemized receipt, which consists of the following:
- Description of commodities purchased
- Name of vendor
- Quantity purchased
- Price per item
- Amount of sales tax
- Shipping charges, if applicable
- Total amount
Certain purchases require preapproval, and/or issuance of a waiver, and all hospitality charges require a Hospitality Form to be filled out. All additional documentation must be attached to the monthly statements and submitted to Payments Services before the submission due date. For the list of purchases requiring additional documentation refer to Section III: Uses of the ProCard: Purchases requiring additional documentation and/or Preapproval.
If receipts are lost, and duplicate copies cannot be obtained from the vendor, the cardholder is responsible for filling out a Lost Receipt Form for the transactions missing documentation.
Monthly Reconciliation Process in PeopleSoft
The billing cycle closes on the 15th of the month. The following day, unless it falls on the weekend, ProCard transactions will be loaded into PeopleSoft Financials – CSU ProCard Module.
A reminder will be sent via email to reconcile your statement. Cardholders have 10-12 calendar days to complete the monthly reconciliation process in PeopleSoft Financials. For for submission refer to the ProCard Calendar. After the due date, no changes can be made to a statement, and the chart field cannot be updated. Past statements can be reviewed in PeopleSoft Financials Completed Inquiry.
Note: The cardholders should make arrangements for someone in their department to complete the reconciliation process if the cardholder is out of the office during the reconciliation period. The Approving Official should provide written delegation of authority to sign on their behalf during their absence. This delegation letter must be included with your monthly statement.
HOW TO RECONCILE YOUR PROCARD STATEMENT
Note: the best browsers to use are Internet Explorer or Safari. Sometimes statements won’t print in other browsers.
- Go to the Cal Poly Portal. On the Single Click Links column, click on CSU Portal – Financial Administration.
- Go to the Navigator.
- Select CSU ProCard – Use and Inquiry – ProCard Adjustment.
- Enter last name and select Search.
- Click View All. Provide a description of purchase in the description field for each transaction. Substantiate descriptions with how this purchase pertains to University business. If the purchase required a waiver, insert the waiver number into the description field of the transaction. Save. Make sure the vendor’s name and dollar amount for each transaction is correct. If the default chart fields need adjustment, make the necessary changes. If charges are to be split by multiple chart fields, click “+” sign to add line and insert the additional chart field combination Save.
- After all edits have been made, and the changes saved, click on the Printer icon. Then, click Process Monitor.
- Click on the yellow Refresh button multiple times, until you see Success and Posted displayed on the right hand side of processes. Then click Details.
- Click View Log/Trace.
- Sign statement, paperclip receipts in order of transaction listed on the statement,and have the Approving Official sign the statement.
- Send the signed ProCard Statement with all itemized receipts and all additional supporting documentation to Payment Services no later than the end of business of the due date listed on the ProCard Calendar.
- Statements may be brought to Payment Services or a legible copy emailed to Payment Services at email@example.com. If a legible copy is not provided, Payment Services may request the original be brought to the office.
Registering Your Card on US Bank Website
Becoming a registered user on the US Bank website will allow you to:
- View your previous and pending transactions
- View the monthly credit limit
- View your available credit and account balance
- View your statements
- Dispute charges
If you need help navigating the US Bank website or you forgot your user ID or password, call Access Online Support line (877) 887-9260.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TRAVEL CARD WITH US BANK:
- Go to access.usbank.com and click on the “Register Online” link.
- In “Organization Short Name” field enter CSUCA.
- In “Account Number” field enter 16 digit credit card number. Indicate month and year of expiration.
- Click on “Register This Account”.
- Scroll down. Click on “I Accept”.
- Complete all the fields with the asterisk symbol “*”. Click Continue.
ProCard Violations and Correction Procedures
Any misuse of the ProCard as outlined in this ProCard Policy and Procedures, or failure to follow the established protocol and untimely submission of documentation of purchases is considered a violation. A cardholder who incurs three (3) violations within a fiscal year, will have his/her ProCard temporarily deactivated until retraining takes place. A reoccurring pattern of violations after retraining will result in the ProCard being revoked. Departments are encouraged to develop internal policies and protocol to ensure violations do not occur. When three (3) violations accrue on a Department Card, the Department Card Administrators, as well as the Approving Officials may be required to retrain.
Reporting Fraud and Disputing Charges
If there are fraudulent charges on your ProCard, call the Fraud Prevention line at US Bank (800) 523-9078. Be ready to verify your identity. Cardholder may be asked a security question selected upon registration or to verify the following information:
- Cardholder’s address (answer: 1 Grand Ave, San Luis Obispo, 93407)
- Cardholder’s phone number (answer: cardholder’s office phone number)
- Cardholder’s social security number (answer: 999-999-9999)
- Cardholder’s credit limit (answer: monthly credit limit on the card)
A new card will be issued. Replacement cards will be mailed to Procurement Services office. The ProCard Program Administrator will notify the cardholder when card is ready to be picked up.
If a charge is fraudulent, please write “Fraud” in the description field for the appropriate charge the month statement in PeopleSoft.
DISPUTING A CHARGE
Cardholders and Department Card Administrators are responsible for contacting the US Bank Customer Service about questionable or disputed items, which appear as a transaction on the bank statement within 60 days after the date of the bank statement
If an item is billed incorrectly, please write “Disputed” in the description field for the appropriate charge the month statement in PeopleSoft.
If items purchased with the ProCard are received defective, it is cardholder responsibility to return the item(s) to the merchant for replacement or to receive a credit on the purchase. If the merchant refuses to replace the defective item, then the purchase of this item will be considered “disputed” and US Bank must be notified. Cardholder will be asked to complete the Dispute Form. Once the dispute has been resolved, US Bank will notify the cardholder.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Report a lost or stolen ProCard immediately by contacting customer service at the US Bank at 1-800-344-5696 and notify the ProCard Program Administrator.
When a card is reported lost or stolen, a new card will be issued. Replacement cards will be mailed to Procurement Services. The ProCard Program Administrator will notify the cardholder when a replacement card is ready to be picked up.
Revising Card Account Information
If any of the information provided in the Application Form changes, the Revision Request Form must be filled out and sent to the ProCard Program Administrator.
Terminating Travel Card Account
If a cardholder leaves the University, or wishes to terminate his/her ProCard account their ProCard must be returned to Procurement Services, or safely shredded, and the ProCard Program Administrator notified.