How to Get Started

To start the process, employees should contact the Fee Waiver program email address to determine eligibility to participate in the program. In this communication, please include Request for Eligibility Verification in the subject line and provide your name and employee identification number in the body of the email.

Step 1

Enrolling in Work Related/Career Development Courses

If you will be enrolling in work-related or career development courses only, you are not required to matriculate into a degree program nor are transcripts needed. If you already hold a Bachelor's degree or higher, you will need to complete a paper CSU graduate application; if you do not hold a Bachelor's degree or higher, then you will need to complete a paper CSU undergraduate application. The "name of your intended major" should be "undeclared." You do not need to enter a major code. Contact the Admissions Office at 805-756-2313 for specific guidance.

To obtain a paper application, you may either go to the Admissions Office (Admin. Bldg. 001, Room 206; Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, closed on campus holidays) or download a CSU Undergraduate Application [PDF] or CSU Graduate Application [PDF] paper application. In addition, forms are available by visiting the Human Resources forms page.

Bring the completed application to the Human Resources Office (Administration Building 001, Room 110) for certification prior to delivering to the Admissions Office.

As a reminder, deadlines for submitting CSU paper applications are as follows:

  • Fall: July 1st
  • Winter: October 1st
  • Spring: February 1st
  • Summer: n/a - closed

Enrolling in Baccalaureate or Post Baccalaureate Degree Program

If you plan to matriculate into a new baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree program, you must apply electronically via CSUMentor. Select the "Apply" tab and follow the instructions. You must apply during the application periods for new applicants to degree programs at Cal Poly. To view programs and deadlines, visit the Admissions Office website. Call 805-756-2313 for specific guidance.

Returning to Baccalaureate or Post Baccalaureate Degree Program

Employees seeking to return to their former Cal Poly major or graduate program should contact the Admissions Office 805-756-2313 for detailed instructions

Step 2

The Admissions Office will notify you when your application has been processed and you have been admitted to the university.

Step 3

Complete the Individual Career Development Plan (ICDP) and the Employee Fee Waiver Application.

Step 4

Register and pay current quarter registration fees in accordance with normal campus deadlines. For information about fees and deadlines please visit the Fees website.

Step 5

If your class schedule changes after you have submitted the Employee Fee Waiver Application, complete an Employee Fee Waiver Course Modification form.

Related Content